How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can save up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have actually supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate effectively if you missed this crucial action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly very easy to understand. Softwares are currently available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not best.