How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology capabilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not function properly if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely simple to understand. Softwares are already available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.